Cheap Homemade Personalized Baby Gifts Ideas to Make
You don't think you can make your own Personalized baby gifts? Sure you can! With some soft fleece or chenille fabric you can whip up a do it yourself personalized baby blanket and matching personalized baby pillow for a baby shower in a few hours! If you knit or crochet, stitch up one of the hoodies for baby out of sparkle yarn. Gather some unique baby bed and bath gifts and arrange them in a pretty baby gift basket and you have the perfect baby shower gift!
Learn a craft and then present your handmade one of a kind personalized baby gifts! You can make loads of baby stuff yourself! If you have a sewing machine, you can turn out cool baby clothes and unique accessories like a pro! Baby clothing takes very little fabric and the classics don't go out of style.
Your lessons will pay for themselves because you will be creating your own personalized baby gifts and special occasion inventory to wow everybody with your
unique gifts at the baby shower!
Some of these crafts can be mastered from books beginning to end! You could practice right in your own house!
I'm totally craft challenged and had more success with joining a group. Sometimes the group was all that held me on course!
SHARE CRAFT IDEAS
with Moms who are looking for ideas!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see stuff other moms have made!
A few of the crafts that would really come in handy in building a stash of personalized baby gifts would be:
- A craft painting class
- Machine or serger sewing
- Knitting HERE'S A FREE BABY BLANKET KNITTING PATTERN
- Hand quilting
- Hand smocking, this is a cheap and easy craft if you use free hand smocking plates or patterns
- Hand embroidery
- Clay pottery or throwing pots (doesn't that sound like fun?)
- Make a baby time capsule
Parenting is not supposed to be lonely. A shared interest with other moms was a good way for me to stay in the loop. Each person is different. If the idea of crafting personalized baby gifts doesn't make you want to get to work. Maybe the availability of companionship will! New moms need adult conversation, companionship and a well stocked stash of personalized baby gifts for showers and birthday parties. Right?
It may take a few tries to find just the right baby craft that suits you. That's where a class comes in really handy for me. The supply list is usually not that long which means less initial outlay of money! The teacher usually has all of the bigger ticket items already on hand. No need to go and buy a lot of equipment and then discover that you really don't like quilting or throwing pots. You really would not want to go out and buy a potter's wheel before you knew what to put on it! Even if you don't pursue the vocation, you will come away from the class with at least one nicely done personalized baby gift that you made yourself.
To get your started, here's a list of books that may help you choose:
- Smocking: The A-Z of Smocking
- Quilting: Panels & Patchwork: Quick Quilts for Kids
- Decorative Painting for Baby Nursery Décor: Rooms to Grow In: Little Folk Art’s Great Rooms for Babies, Kids and Teens
- Cross-Stitch: Baby Motifs (Arco Album of Cross-Stitch Designs)
- Knitting: Tadpoles & Tiddlers: Thirty-two knitting designs for Babies and Children
- Machine Sewing: Secrets for Successful Sewing Techniques for Mastering Your Sewing Machine and Serger
- Crochet: Candy Babies Cute Crochet for Wee Ones
- Ceramics: Decorating Techniques (Ceramics Class)
- Scrapbooking: Scrapbook Pages Starring Your Baby 250 All New Page Ideas (Memory Makers)
- Applique: Rhyme Time Blocks Applique and Embroidery Patterns
Anything sound interesting? Go for it! Set some goals of what you want to accomplish! Once you’ve mastered your craft, put it to work! Start the next hot trend in personalized baby gifts! There are opportunities in this field for work at home moms. Hand smocking for your child and others could be a full time job! This may be just the thing! If you picture yourself wishing for a job that you can do in your own house and enjoy fine hand sewing, don't just supply the neighborhood with free smocked personalized baby gifts. Start your own custom smocking business! It really wouldn't be that tough to:
- Find a few children's motif beginner smocking patterns and test the instructions to insure perfection
- Master some smocking software or smocking instructions from a book that will enable you to create your own original pictures and geometric style smocking plates
You could produce classic hand smocked baby bonnets, boys rompers and little girls dresses! Once you get your inventory in place, you can market your products on by setting up your own online store or in your local Baby Boutique! Not to mention that you can create lovely personalized baby gifts for a song! There's smocking equipment and other machines including pleaters to speed the production process.
Still having problems getting your head into the concept of making your own personalized baby gifts?
Here's some handmade items that always seem to be well received:
- A flannel or quilted lovey or personalized baby blanket with handy little teether spots or ears
- Handmade Diaper Bags with matching changing pads to match
- A personalized baby soft doll or teddy bear out of organic fabrics
- A crocheted Personalized Baby Blanket
- Make a baby sling.They are great personalized baby gifts
- Baby bibs and burp cloths
- Handpainted picture frames
- Family scrapbook
- Baby hat, cap or bonnet with hand crocheted or tatted edging
- Recycle an heirloom hanky with baby's cross-stitched or embroidered monogram
- A handmade baby quilt one for the crib and one for the bassinet
- A hand knit baby blanket with satin binding - Here's a FREE KNITTING PATTERN!
- Handpaint a personalized wall plaque blending with baby’s nursery decorations
- Any baby gift that can be embroidered by you!
- Handmade heirloom quality personalized baby pillow cases
- A set of handmade greeting cards with baby’s personalize greeting for parent’s use
- A personalized coat peg handpainted according to nursery color, theme or decor
- A handmade diaper bag (lookout Vera Bradley!),matching smaller tote and other baby accessories
- A polar fleece baby bunting for winter stroller wear and a lightweight organic cotton baby bunting for cool summer nights
- Organic, natural handmade baby toiletries
- A wreath for the baby’s nursery door
- A set of personalized diaper covers
- A little denim jacket in a larger size featuring some hand embellishing or embroidery.
- Any hand smocked baby clothing
- Cross-Stitched Samplers with Baby's Name and Birthday embroidered
- Make a set of Wooden hanging wall letters to decorate the nursery wall! Paint them and attach pretty ribbon hangers
- Make a personalized ceramic keepsake birth announcement plate for baby
- Personalize an unfinished wooden stool with baby's name painted on it
- Get a set of baby crib plans and make the baby's bed!
- Put together a baby gift basket filled with baby bed and bath gifts
- Sew a baby blanket, bib or burp cloth set
Perfecting your craft may take a little time, but the rewards are so great! Find your personal bliss! Make or purchase, if you must, lovely personalized baby gifts
and have fun!
FOR BABY BEDDING and OTHER NURSERY THEME IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS GO TO THE MAIN NURSERY THEME LISTINGS PAGE
Return to Unique Baby Gear Ideas for more unique, homemade baby gift ideas.