Exotic Moroccan Nursery Theme Decorating Ideas
When asked to describe how to decorate a Moroccan nursery theme the best example I could present was the interior of Genie's bottle in the sitcom "I Dream of Jeannie". If you can picture the look of the inside of the glass bottle that had held Jeannie captive for thousands of years in a nursery; that's Moroccan baby decor. All that's missing is lush and exotic Moroccan baby bedding and a crib made of imported wood.
Here are some ideas to create a dream like Moroccan Nursery Theme for your little princess:
Paint the walls in jewel tones and stencil (following basic stenciling instructions to the letter) a golden border design around doors and window facings using an exotic pattern.
This is less expensive, easy do it yourself project than hanging wallpaper. Some other nursery painting techniques that would suit this theme would be a whitewashing effect or painting the walls in mustard yellows and then glaze over with a garnet red.
This example demonstrates how simple it would be to give this theme a very modern appearance.
The furnishings may have contemporary lines but the rich, jewel tones stay the same.
Go here to see more exotic crib set collections for your project.
- Paint an Arabian Nights mural straight from the pages of the book on one of the nursery walls! It's easy! Do it yourself or have an artistic friend paint one as a gift instead of planning a baby shower!
- Hang beaded panels for exotic window treatments and a chic crystal chandelier in the center of the room. Let low wattage lanterns or sconces frame the ends of your baby girl's bed.
- If you have any unique,vintage (even gaudy) old costume jewelry try to find a way to use it embellish and customize your baby's crib, dresser or other nursery furniture with it (without compromising baby's safety of course!) by gluing the jewelry to it, making
otherwise ordinary wooden surfaces gleaming and grand.
- A Moroccan prayer rug can be used for a nursery area rug
- A collection of colorful glass bottles (ala Genie in a Bottle)
- Colorful silk floor pillows with securely attached tassels
The recipe for Moroccan luxury design includes a silk canopy over her crib and dreamy silks and saris draped on the nursery wall. Gilt-framed mirrors take precedence over pictures on the wall to reflect the rich colors used in baby's crib bedding.
The baby bedding set for this nursery theme may have to be handmade or custom sewn in a washable polished cotton fabric as the Moroccan nursery theme style in our opulent, chosen colors may not be readily available at a baby center.
No neutral colors will be needed! We're shopping for the richest tones from opposite sides of the color wheel for this decorating project. The good news is that a washable solid color fabric in the colors needed to match your other nursery decorations can be found cheap at any discount store!
Return to Unique Baby Gear Ideas find more ideas for decorating a Moroccan nursery theme and please remember to share pictures of your baby's gorgeous room when you're done!