Just Ducky Rubber Duck Theme Baby Shower Ideas
Hostesses searching for duck theme baby shower ideas need look no further. Our ducky baby shower ideas are fresh from the pond perfect for the little duckling just about to hatch! Rubber ducks are so cute and easy to use to decorate diaper cakes to use as centerpieces as well as DIY frosted cakes and cupcakes making them one of my top picks!
I love little baby ducks they are so cheery and are associated with some of my favorite colors to use in baby nursery or shower decorations; yellow and white with a touch of orange on their sweet, little beaks.
If the sex of the baby is a secret, our ducky baby shower ideas are just the ticket. There are so many inexpensive baby shower decorations, favors and ideas for a rubber ducky baby shower that are gender neutral, bright and so much fun. Plus, they are gentle on your budget and easy to use if the hostess is pressed for time.
Visit BabyBinkz to see more ducky diaper cakes and decorating ideas.
Rubber ducky diaper cakes
are easy to DIY as would be a homemade duck on the pond baby shower cake by following these instructions
Ducky Baby Shower Decorating Ideas
Rubber Ducky Baby Shower Game Ideas
- Center bowls or tin buckets on each table that you have filled with water and float a few ducks in each.
- Tradition dictates that the color scheme for a rubber duck theme baby shower should be orange and yellow. But lately there are cute rubber ducks in many different colors that light up that would look super floating in the punch bowl.
- Use rubber ducky baby stuff as decorations. Anything from duck shaped soaps to sponges that have been cut in the shape of our favorite bath toy can be attractively arranged and then used as party favors.
Remember trips to the county fair where you bought tickets to pick up ducks out of a stream of water hoping all the while that the number written on the bottom corresponded with the teddy bear or baby doll that you hoped to win? Duplicate this carnival game in a number three or larger washtub and give your guests and their kids free chances to win prizes.
Common themes are best when looking for an easy and cheap way to buy all of the necessary items for a baby shower. If you don't have what amounts to a small crew to assist you in the organization phase of the shower it’s best to choose a popular party theme like a duck theme baby shower with readily availabe decorations and supplies. You won't have any problem finding cute duck theme baby shower decorations for the reception table or rubber ducky baby shower favors in one trip to the discount store.
If the guest of honor has chosen baby crib bedding with yellow ducks printed on the fabrics you just hit the mother lode of gift ideas and baby shower planning. Here are a few decorating and party food ideas with a rubber duck theme for your duck theme baby shower.
- Use colorful yellow rubber duckies as personalized place cards. Use a black crayon to write each shower guest’s name on the tummy of each ducky. This will serve as baby duck shower theme table decorations as well as saving money on printed place cards.
- Take a stroll through the house wares department as well as the party supply aisle at the store for unique duck shaped items to present as baby shower favors. Miniature duck shaped candles would be nice.
While you are out shopping for paper tableware and ducky shower invitations visit your local book store and pick up some colorful, plastic or fabric bookmarks with pictures of one or two little baby ducks printed on it. You might get lucky and find some inexpensive bookmarks that have a festive baby duck themed poem printed on it. Every time your guest marks their place in a special book memories of your duck theme baby shower will come to mind.
- A large, decorative calendar with darling pictures of baby ducks, geese and other baby birds for each month of the year. Be sure to mark the baby’s expected date of birth.
You may have noticed that I have made mention of baby duck shower themes that might indicate that there are more baby ducks to consider than your average run-of-the-mill barnyard style of duck. If you are looking for a quick, easy and cheap duck themed baby shower the rubber ducky kind is what you need. But there are other cartoon ducks that would make for unique and different duck baby shower themes such as:
- Baby Daffy Duck Shower Themes: Excellent if mom knows that she’s expecting a baby boy
- Baby Donald Duck Shower Themes: Another duck theme shower that would be great for a baby boy
- Baby Daisy Duck: A festive duck theme baby shower for a baby girl
Creative baby duck shower themes for twins could feature Disney's Daisy and Donald Duck decorations. A trip to the Disney store and some free printables of baby duck graphics or clipart downloaded from sites that offer free graphics would go a long way towards a cool and unique duck themed baby shower for twins. It takes the rubber duck baby shower theme just a step farther and the birth of multiples is certainly an occasion worth some extra effort but the additional duck theme baby shower decorations don't necessarily have to be expensive.
Now we will make suggestions for ducky baby shower hostess gifts.
- Cross stitch baby duck pictures to be used in the baby’s nursery as a keepsake.
- If she has plans for a duck nursery theme, find out if there is an adjoining bath. She may have already received her ducky baby bedding and accessories as gifts but might appreciate a rubber ducky shower curtain, a rubber duck nursery or bath rug or other decorative items for the bathroom.
- Buy enough rubber duck wallpaper or border in her colors for an accent wall in the nursery. (always make sure that the gift is returnable just in case.)
If dad is to be included in your baby duck shower theme plans, be sure to purchase a duck themed gift for him so he won’t feel left out. Some funny rubber duck bath toys, a rubber duck antenna or any other rubber duck theme products would get a laugh and let daddy in on the baby party fun.
Return to Unique Baby Gear Ideas to find more ducky baby shower ideas and more tip for decorating the shower venue with yellow rubber ducks.