Little Western Cowgirl and Cowboy Baby Shower Theme Ideas
For fans of the wild west planning a cowboy baby shower, we have a few ideas on how to welcome your friend’s little cowpoke into the world with a celebration filled with so many cool western decorations, party favors and shower ideas that your guests will think they’ve traveled back in time to the days of the Old West.
Visitors Who Like This Page Also Enjoyed these Pages:
We have lots of ideas for both cowboy and cowgirl western baby showers. Check out our cute (and cheap) western baby shower and party decorations and supplies. Try our design ideas and suggestions for items for tabletops and stuff to decorate the entrance to your party that won’t cost you the ranch.
SEE MORE HERE
Cowboy Theme Cake Ideas
Cowboy hats, boots or a horseshoe cake for luck are all grand ideas for a western baby shower.
Many hostesses have a collection of novelty cake pans and decorations and bake their own cowboy baby shower cakes while others prefer to take the quick and easy route; cupcakes!
With cupcakes there is no need for special cowboy boot cake pans or frosting tips. All you will need are some cupcake toppers, wrappers, a box of cake mix and a can of frosting and you're good to go!
If you want to throw a party to end all cowboy theme parties, there are a few high end items you can add to your party planning checklist if you’ve got room in the budget. We have more than a few western party decorations that can be bought at the local dollar or discount store. You will be amazed at how much atmosphere can be created for such an inexpensive price!
For fans of the wild west a cowboy baby shower theme will be super for your friend that has a cowboy nursery theme or a cowgirl baby nursery theme in mind, we have a few ideas on how to welcome your friend’s little cowpoke into the world with so many cool western decorations and baby shower ideas that your guests will think they’ve traveled back in time to the days of the Old West.
We have lots of ideas for a western baby shower including some cute (and cheap) western baby shower and party decorations and supplies. We try to locate decorative items for the tabletops and stuff to decorate the entrance to your party that won’t cost you the ranch, but if you want to throw a party to end all cowboy theme parties, there are a few high end items you can add to your checklist if you’ve got room in the budget. We have more than a few western party decorations that can be bought at the local dollar or discount store. You will be amazed at how much atmosphere can be created for such an inexpensive price!
DECORATING THE ENTRANCE to YOUR COWBOY PARTY
So, where do you start to decorate your cowboy baby shower? Your guests will know what your baby shower theme is when they get their little cowboy baby shower invitations in the mail. The next step is to have western themed decorations placed at the entrance to the party. Here are some ideas for decorating the doorway
- Large fake plastic cactus plants in urns or pots that have been decorated with bandannas and colorful baby cowboy hats
- A cowboy hat wreath on the door
- Decorate the doors to look like the doors to an old, wild western saloon using hand painted drawings of saloon doors on wide white paper that you tape in place or buy some printed saloon door curtains from a store that sells party supplies
- Light the path to the door with cowboy themed lights. String cactus string lights overhead or use existing landscape lanterns with star shaped badges or cowboy hats stuck on top
COWBOY BABY SHOWER CENTERPIECES
Cowboy baby diaper cakes are very impressive and there are so many cool ways to decorate with baby cowboy gifts and newborn baby items. If you can follow easy instructions on how to make your own diaper cake, you get a very impressive, personalized centerpiece for the gift table and a hostess gift for the same money.
COWBOYS and INDIANS PARTY ROOM DECORATIONS and ATMOSPHERE
You won’t find another kind of cowboy baby shower decoration that gives as much value for a dollar as mylar balloons. Big helium filled party balloons shaped like cowboy hats, boots, cactus, horseshoes or horses cover a lot of ground and make the job of decorating a large space much more manageable. Here are some ideas:
- If you have a blank wall that needs an old western feel you might want to price some personalized paper wall hangings. You can hang a big banner to fill the center of the space and place an arrangement of your cowboy themed party balloons at each end.
- Big rolls of wild west party wallpaper or western wall murals with scenery ranging from a desert sunset to a bar room scene complete with outlaws wanted posters and shelves filled with bottles of rot gut whiskey are inexpensive and perfect for turning a plain room into a fantasy world for cowgirls and boys alike.
- Hire the local square dance band complete with fiddle player dressed in vintage outfits to play live music or play cowboy songs on the stereo
Whether or not you want to invite a few Indians to your party is up to you. Modern day cowboys don’t come across many Indian chiefs or teepees on their cattle drives. But for a vintage theme, you might want to include a few Indian motifs and decorations in your decorating plans.
COWBOY BABY SHOWER TABLE DECORATING IDEAS
Tables decorating according to theme add a professional looking finishing touch even if your shower or party is a casual backyard barbecue. The only difference in casual cowboy party décor and formal might be that instead of linen tablecloths you would use cowboy themed paper tablecloths, cowboy luncheon napkins and tin or plastic plates and drinking glasses.
- Decorate the chairs with cotton bandannas in pink or blue according to whether your cowboy baby shower is for a baby boy or a baby girl.
- If the shower is at night or indoors, light a cowboy candle or lantern in the center of each guest table.
- For daytime, tie a blue or red western print ribbon around a table sized hay bale
COWBOY BABY SHOWER FAVORS
Send each of your guests home with some cute cowboy baby shower favors. Here are some ideas for a cowboy themed homemade party favors pack for cowgirls and cowboys.
PARTY FAVORS FOR THE LADIES
Instead of party favor boxes, buy some inexpensive, painted tin buckets and line each one with a western themed bandana; pink for cowgirls and red, blue or gray for the guys. Some excellent cowboy themed party favors for women would be:
- Cactus or cowboy hat candles
- Bandana print hair scrunchies
- Homemade chocolate fudge cookies
COWBOY FAVORS FOR GUYS
: All cowboys love cowboy boots and beer mugs, so let’s use some huge, cowboy boot shaped beer mugs instead of boring old party favor boxes to hold their goodies. Here are some ideas for cowboy baby shower favors for dads:
A rustic leather keychain with a horseshoe branded on it
- A bar of old fashioned bar soap
- A cowboy themed money clip
When I’m asked how to plan and decorate a cowboy baby shower, I always ask what kind of cowboy theme they want. There are several different directions you can take with your decorations. You can decorate your party to look like anything from the local saloon to the open range or a barn dance at the ranch house. My advice is to figure out which party of cowboy culture you want to highlight and go for it!
Mosey on back real soon to check out our new baby shower and nursery ideas to find more tips on putting together a cowboy baby shower theme.
New! CommentsI would love to know what you think of our site! Leave me a comment in the box below.