Modern Alphabet Soup Nursery
(Beaufort, SC, USA)
Modern Alphabet soup nursery for a baby girl
I came across the idea of a modern Alphabet nursery when I was searching for a design that could easily transition from a nursery to a little girl's room. Ultimately, my inspiration came from an article that I had read in Cottage Living magazine a million years ago. I made the decision to take it and run once we learned that we were having a little girl.Go here to see more
1) The walls - the letters that you see on the walls in the picture of our modern alphabet nursery are vinyl and inspired by the material they use on the side of stock cars (NASCAR). I customized my design on the Uppercase Living website with the use of eight different fonts and eight different colors. The greatest part of this product is that the letters peel off the walls without causing any damage to the paint. And on the subject of wall paint, the background color on the wall is Honied White by Sherwin Williams
2)Nursery Rocker - The houndstooth upholstery fabric that we used to cover the chair came from a wonderful online fabric store that was recommended to me by a friend who is an interior designer in Washington, DC with Refined. The fabric company which is in Atlanta is, LS Fabrics, and they have a wonderful online business which is crucial if you live in a small town like I do.
3) Nursery bedding - The primary colors in our modern alphabet nursery bedding set
are petal, stone, and cloud that we found at Restoration Hardware Baby and Child in the "shop by color" crib bedding section.
4) Curtains - I used a brighter pink and white striped design for the curtain to add a special "pop" to the room. The curtain came from Pottery Barn Kids
5) Furniture - All of the nursery furniture sans the crib are family pieces.
6) Artwork - The print over the crib was a special present from my parents. When they visited Napa earlier this year they stayed in a home that featured this giclee artist. He has an eBay store called Afremov Art. I want to tell the other decorating divas out there that his art is VERY
7) Chandelier - Unfortunately, this is the big mystery in our modern alphabet nursery. I bought this chandelier on River Street in Savannah, Georgia but we had a terrible sales experience and so I left the business in a hurry. In spite of the less than wonderful buying experience, the nursery chandelier is beautiful. What I liked about this fixture is that it has the look of a very old chandelier only with brand new hardware and wiring.
8) Accessories - The lamp pulls and the curtain pulls are both from Anthropologie.
Happy decorating and best wishes from Unique Baby Gear Ideas