Best Football Baby Announcements, and Baby Shower Invitations
Football season and a new baby are on the way! Football baby announcements, shower invitations or other football cards are in order. If you are looking for a sure fire way to pull the daddy away from watching the gridiron activities of his favorite football team on the television, you may have to put away traditional baby motifs. Men love their babies, but they tend to leave the day to day activities up to moms.
Football baby shower invitations can be designed in your favorite team's colors to reflect the decorations that you purchased to decorate your venue. They can be personalized with your team's mascot, logo or this year's motto.
If you want guys to really get into the spirit of things, show him the football baby announcements! It is a sad fact, but sweet baby themes that make moms want to dash to the discount stores and buy out all of the cute teddy bear and bunny decorations in the baby party section just don’t seem to rev up the guys’ engines. To get the men excited you might have to welcome baby and the fall football season with similarly designed cards and party invitations.
You have several options:
- You can buy the cards in the pictures above and adapt them to be proper football baby announcements (they are very cheap, by the way)
- You can go to the office supply aisle at your local dollar or discount store and get construction paper and envelopes and make your own personalized, custom designed football baby announcements or baby shower invitations
- You could print out one of the blank printables online and slap some clipart or football or other sports themed motifs on them.
Free Printable Football Invitations Templates for a Party or Baby Shower
1. Go HERE to see a printable template for a folding card with nice graphics.
Here are some ideas if you want to use the picture to design a free template. Here’s a list of what you will need to make your own football baby announcements and shower invitations:
- Sheets of dark, chocolate brown craft paper. You will need 1 for every 2 people on your guest list
- Black, bright red (or orange) broad tip permanent markers. You can decorate your football baby invitations with your favorite team colors if you like.
- A bottle of white liquid paper will draw the white stitches across the top of the football cutouts. You can use the brush that comes in the bottle or if your white “paint” comes with a sponge, use a very light hand
- Envelopes large or small enough so that you can have room to stuff your football baby announcements without creasing them
- You may need some scissors, glue and all that stuff, too
I’m going to give you one of the best time saving regarding any style of invitation. Buy them! Unless you are a person with lots of time to devote to crafts, most invitations are so cheap that it’s just not time cost effective to make your own homemade football baby announcements, shower invitations or any other kind of invitation. I’m all for personalized baby invitations, but for the person that’s busy and pressed for time it may be better to buy some cute invitations and have them personalized at the printer. It’s more important for the hostess to enjoy the baby shower than to have handmade invitations.
Save your time to put on your jersey, kick up your feet and cheer for the birth of that special baby and the home team!
Please make plans to visit Unique Baby Gear Ideas again soon to see more ideas for football baby shower invitations and the latest in football and sports themed nursery designs.