Easy Free Baby Canopy Crib Woodworking Plans
Easy Beginner Crib Canopy Plans 10 Simple Steps
On this page are resources for easy, free baby canopy crib woodworking plans that feature a very basic design perfect for a beginner. The best plans for a beginning woodworker would not be those with an arched or curved canopy.
The straight lines and uncomplicated design of this crib make it an excellent project for someone just getting started yet willing and able to understand the instructions and adhere to all rules of safety whether they are included as part of the plans or not.
Remember that you and you alone are responsibility for the safety of your child as per our legal disclaimer on this site.
Go here to see
many more styles in canopy cribs.
set of free canopy crib plans is very detailed and perfect for a beginner to the art of woodworking. There are no curves or arches to master, just straight simple lines. And the best part? The instructions are very clear and there are just ten (count them: 10) easy steps and voila; a beautiful wooden crib. These free baby canopy crib woodworking plans should have the most important piece of nursery furniture in place fast for less than $200 (depending on the price of lumber, needed tools and supplies).
Here is a basic list of woodworking tools you will need to build the crib in the plans:
- A ruler and/or tape measure
- A jig saw
- A circular saw
- A table saw (or miter saw)
- a drill and countersink drill bit
- A multi-square
- A carpenter's Square
- A sander
- A Kreg jig (very worthy of investment if you are a frequent woodworker)
- Hammer (or a nail gun is another tool that is worth money spent if you have plans to work on many projects of this type)
- A router with patterning bit (bit set is optional)
- Safety gear, goggles, etc.
- 2 sheets - 4'X8' 3/4" plywood
- (4) 8' 1X3's
- (6) 8' 2X2
- (1) 8' 1X4
- (1) 8' 2X4
Supplies and Materials
Here is a list of the supplies and materials necessary to complete the project in these free baby canopy crib woodworking plans:
- 1-1/4" Pocket Hole Screws
- 2-1/2" Pocket Hole Screws
- 1-1/4" Wood Screws
- 2" Wood Screws
- 4 Metal Corner Braces (and screws recommended by the manufacturer to secure them)
Optional Edge Banding
- Wood filler and glue
- Paint grade, Oak, Pine (optional)pocket hole plugs –
- Sanding and finishing supplies
- Paste wax
Once everything on the tool list and supplies list is onsite, download the free baby canopy woodworking plans and begin your woodworking project. Please return to Unique Baby Gear Ideas
and upload some picture of the homemade canopy crib when it is completed to inspire other would-be woodworkers.