Best Jungle Baby Shower Theme Ideas, Decorations and Invitations
Pass out the pith helmets and the cool khaki safari suits, you’re invited to a jungle baby shower. The jungle shower decorating possibilities are endless and the mood is exciting as a rainforest after an afternoon rain shower. Indeed this stylish, modern baby shower theme is taking the pregnant community and their friends by storm so get ready to attend a baby party that’s roaring with adventure.
King of the Jungle Theme Baby Shower
The cool thing about a jungle theme baby shower is that you can actually create a theme within a theme. There’s no doubt that the African jungle is a hip and exhilarating place to be what with all the animals that managed to escape the hunters and a boring trip to the local zoo, but with a few creative decorations you can take your jungle ideas to the next level.
Paper lanterns in wild animal print including leopard, giraffe and zebra print make excellent, inexpensive jungle baby shower decorations that can be sent home to decorate the baby's room.
If you like the idea of a jungle baby shower theme, but would like some ideas on how to expand the decorations and add that little something extra here are some suggestions:
- You can go all Tarzan and Jane with your baby shower ideas.
There are so many excellent jungle baby shower favor ideas that are as simple and as inexpensive as boxes of animal crackers or homemade cookies in the shape of jungle animals.
And of course a cute baby shower favor box or goody bag is essential for a festive presentation.
Make your guests feel welcome with special placecard holders displaying their name on free printable party circles.
Toy jungle animals can be used to organize seating arrangements as well as baby shower favors.
This is perfect for a pool party where the guys and dolls have to meet the challenge of creating costumes ala Johnny Weissmuller and Jane with an expanded waist
- With some cleverly painted and arranged cardboard boxes stacked to resemble the temple that was deep in the jungle, voila; an Indiana Jones movie theme is born
- Request on the invitations that your party guests each bring a gift that represents an endangered species and you have the makings of a rainforest party
- Decorate your party around everybody's favorite Disney movie, The Jungle Book
- For cartoon lovers, a fun George of the Jungle theme would give the party a goofy and lighthearted feeling. Giving mom something to laugh about is always a good idea while she is suffering from swollen ankles and an aching back
I like the idea of a jungle baby shower that celebrates the creatures that inhabit the wilderness rather than an African safari theme that targets wild animals as trophies destined to hang on the wall of some wealthy hunter’s expensive mansion or as prisoners on exhibition at the zoo, don’t you?
JUNGLE SAFARI SHOWER LOCATIONS
The best location for a jungle baby shower would be outdoors in an area where you can take advantage of the natural setting and use shrubbery as a background for your party. A baby shower that’s planned for late afternoon or early evening is especially nice because inexpensive jungle party supplies like tiki torches and patio lights and lanterns really shine at night and will give your party lots of exotic atmosphere.
However, babies don’t always plan their date of birth around the best weather for an out of doors party so you may need ideas for a jungle safari theme baby shower to be held indoors so here are some cheap decorations that will help to keep the costs down:
- Beg and borrow all of your friend’s potted palms, ferns and plants that you can to decorate the perimeters of the party
- Make a trip to the forest and pull down some grapevines to hang from the ceilings or the trees to give your area an authentic look and feel. For a really cool look, attach a stuffed monkey with Cheetah on a tag around his neck!
- Place big jungle animals (cardboard stand ups) in your faux jungle foliage
- Plush, stuffed jungle animals make cute table decorations that can go home with your guests as jungle theme party favors once your jungle baby shower is over and has been declared a grand success by all in attendance
- Jungle sounds playing in the background aren't visible, but have a huge impact and can help your guests to imagine that they are actually in the rainforest or in the deepest, darkest jungles of Africa
Return to our website to see the latest baby shower and baby nursery ideas with themes and decorations that will make your parties and decorating projects the envy of your friends.