Ideas for Homemade Baby Shower Favors That You Can Make Yourself
Here are some ideas for cute, and inexpensive baby shower favors to make yourself. Here's an opportunity to put your crafts expertise to good use in creating homemade favors that will impress the guests at the baby shower. True, it will take a little time and effort but won't it be worth it to be the hostess remembered as having the most unique and creative party decorations and favors EVER?
It won't take that much time to organize a few craft supplies and use them to make one-of-a-kind keepsakes to remind your friends how much fun they had at the event.
The rewards will be long-lasting, far beyond the compliments received at the event. There will be more room in your craft supplies storage for your next project!
THIS LIST OF IDEAS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS SO CHECK BACK FOR THE LATEST IDEAS for HOMEMADE BABY SHOWER FAVORS in YOUR FAVORITE THEMES
Pick up some cheap ceramic tiles at the home improvement store and stamp baby's monogram or even your guest's initials on them to serve as coasters at the party or as favors or gifts to include in the guests' goody bags.
- Create personalized mini books decorated in your baby shower's theme to give to your guests as keepsakes of the day. Recycle cardboard CD or DVD folders into scrapbooks containing photographs or a sweet card to show your appreciation for their presence at the party. The time involved in making these baby shower favors is so much nicer than anything you could ever buy at the store!
- Homemade bags made from paper or fabric left over from your last sewing project filled with chocolates or other candies in your party's colors are always a welcome treat. Stampers can use their inkpads and rubber stamps to decorate the front of the goodie bags in keeping with the theme or color scheme of the shower.
- Take those velvet boxes that jewelry come in and glue faux jewels on top and tuck something cute inside. If you don't have any on hand you can DIY boxes, pouches or bags.
- Create homemade calendars or address books personalized with special dates unique to the recipient with details written in gold, silver or lettering in any color ink you choose. These baby shower favors that remind friends and family of important birthdays and dates will help to organize their busy day-to-day activities. If your baby shower is scheduled to take place between Halloween and Thanksgiving, consider a Countdown to Christmas Calendar.
- Buy some small composition books and pens at the "Everything for $1" store to decorate and personalize with matching pens and laminated bookmarks.
- Homemade calendars, coaster books and Mom brag books are the most appreciated, yet inexpensive baby shower favors that can be made in your spare time at home. Be sure to include a larger version of the mini-albums for the guest of honor.
- Name Frames are another easy craft idea that are sure to tickle your friends to no end.
- Cinnamon, crochet or molded Christmas ornaments are super baby shower favors to make for holiday baby showers.
- If you are good at beading a beaded bracelet with a charm or earrings would make lovely party favors.
- Craft some little notepads using your bind-it-all using cardboard coasters for the outside of the booklet. Decorate the covers either with embellishments or stamping, bind it and covering the coil with colorful ribbons.
- Sew up some homemade fabric totes using fabrics leftover from quilting or sewing projects with handles and fill them with candy, scented soaps or candles.
- Buy cheap picture frames and fill them with free printable artwork, Bible verses or sayings that you downloaded online.
- Store bought candles inside a personalized votive cup wrapped in tissue paper make excellent baby shower favors to tuck inside a goody bag.
- Stamp your guests initials on laminated counter top samples in neutral colors or your party's color scheme to make personalized luggage name tags that they can use to identify their suitcases or a variety of other uses.
- Spray paint and then stencil some graphics, names or designs on clipboards you bought at the dollar store.
- Pick up some romantic or hilarious movie DVDs from the bargain bin at the discount store that moms love to watch over and over again
Those are just a few suggestions for homemade baby shower favors that will be so easy for you to make yourself! If you have other suggestions, please use the comment form below to share them with the baby shower hostesses that stop by Unique Baby Gear Ideas searching for inspiration.