Reviews of the Portable Baby Bjorn Travel Crib the Travel Light
The lightweight, portable Baby Bjorn travel crib called the Travel Light (Lite) has made camping and traveling with babies easier and more enjoyable for both parent and child. The lightweight folding crib is easy to carry and set up and yet comfortable and sturdy.
Weighing in at less than eleven (11) pounds including the case might make a mom wonder just how sturdy and durable the bed actually is but reviews indicate that it's not wobbly or rickety. According to the manufacturer; the safety of the crib has been screened and tested by medical experts and industrial designers.
Go Here to See More
After folding, portable crib can be packed inside its carrying case and popped in the trunk of your car, inside a suitcase or into the LL Bean duffle bag for a camping trip.
When traveling by plane, you have the option of carrying it like a carry-on bag by its handle or pack it into your baby's suitcase.
When you arrive at your camping site, the grandparents house or whatever your destination, setting up the Baby Bjorn travel crib won't be a problem for even the most tired and road weary travelers.
Take the Travel Crib Light out of the case and unfold it. One of the reviews that I read indicate that setting up the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib vs. dealing with a Pack N Play is a breeze. The mom said that she set it up in 10 seconds without ever reading the instructions manual (not advisable but impressive nonetheless).
A more likely scenario is presented by the company itself in a demo where the big sister of an 18 month old baby set it up in 32.2 seconds with a stop watch running.
The set up and assembly is easy since the legs of the crib pop into place automatically and there are no rails to be fitted together and locked.
After the crib is in place, all that's left to do is to put the fitted sheet on the portable crib's mattress and put your baby to bed!
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is that no matter how great the Pack N Play is around the house; reviews indicate that it's not the best portable crib for travel with baby.
Here are the positives and negatives as per current reviews of the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib.
1. It's light weight and the carrying case makes it easy to pack and transport
2. The crib set up is fast and easy
3. It saves money at the hotel. Plus, who knows how clean and sanitary those beds actually are.
4. The travel crib is comfortable and roomy enough for baby to sleep and watch a movie on a portable DVD player.
The Positives Outweigh the Negatives
1. Folding the crib could be smoother and there is a learning curve for some moms and dads requiring that they take a look at the video demonstration and/or the assembly instructions manual.
2. The carry case is too big to carry on the plane and the crib must be checked
3. It doesn't have a side zipper like some of the Phil and Ted's travel cribs that make it easier to put a sleeping baby inside the bed without waking them.
4. The Baby Bjorn Travel Light Crib is super for a baby but it's too small to use as a toddler travel crib
Please make plans to visit us again soon to check the amazing baby nursery ideas shared by our visitors and to read the latest reviews of the Baby Bjorn Travel Crib.
New! CommentsI would love to know what you think of our site! Leave me a comment in the box below.