SAFE BABY CARRIERS
(Courtland, VA, USA)
My Lil Man
I look for safe baby carriers and slings that are sturdy and that are obviously constructed with my baby's safety in mind.
I read reviews to see the lists of pros and cons written by moms who have used the product before I decide to give the item a try myself. The mention of good back support and ease of entry and exit when taking baby in and out are also important to me. After I'm satisfied with those features, I look at the manufacturer's weight restrictions to see how long I will be able to use the carrier.
My favorite Action Baby Carrier is the chocolate brown pattern.
FROM THE WEBMASTER
Here are a few tips for safe baby carrier use:
- Read the manufacturer's instructions and follow them closely.
- Adjust your straps before baby is inside the carrier
- Before tucking baby inside, do a final check to be sure that all straps and connections are secure with a tug on each one for good measure. If anything feels questionable, do not load baby until the problem is fixed and you are satisfied that your baby will be safe and supported.
A few other things that moms can do to promote safe baby wearing would be to:
- only carry baby when wearing comfortable, flat, non-slip soled shoes that are comfortable for walking that will prevent slips and falls.
- Take care when bending over or leaning forward to be sure that your baby doesn't fall out.
The bottom line is to always be aware of your baby's position and movements as well as your own because you wouldn't want to do anything that might bypass the built-in safety features. There are some things that even a safe baby carrier can't do and if we don't follow the instructions you might be putting your child at risk!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to BABY CARRIER REVIEWS and OPINIONS.